Here is a list of books I often refer to. You don’t need to be a makeup artist or seasoned beauty expert to understand them, if you are enthusiast and like trying new looks, these titles are easy to follow and will teach you a thing or two.
Some of the people I selected, are not even formally trained as makeup artists, take Scott Barnes for example (the iconic J.Lo bronzed cheeks, nude lips are his staple look), he is a fine arts painter!!! Or legendary Kevyn Aucoin who practiced putting makeup on his younger sister learning from looking at magazines and taking photos with a Polaroid camera.
- Kevyn Aucoin – Making Faces
- Scott Barnes – About Face
- Rae Morris – Makeup The Ultimate Guide
- Lauren Luke – Look Like A Star
- Jemma Kidd – Makeup Masterclass